Friday 21 June 2013

At the beginning of a new blog, I feel you should have the opportunity to get to know me.  So I'm going to attempt to share a few things about myself, keeping the boringness to a mild level. 

First of all, I had my baby, Lily Muriel Wright about six months ago.  She was born on Christmas Day, the poor thing, and is now destined to share her birthday with the most well known figure on Earth.  Who knows if she will hate her birthday being on a major holiday, but I for one will embrace the ease of only having to buy one present for two occasions!

Ok, I'm joking!  I think that is the most common thing I keep hearing from people with Birthdays near Christmas... that they only ever recieved one gift.  How cruel!  So, I am thinking we might celebrate it on Christmas Eve, but once Lily is old enough, she can choose for herself. 

I might end up sharing more of my birth story later, because if most mom's, pregnant ladies, and the general public are ANYTHING like me, they loved reading labor stories and its mixture of gore and "oh my goodness, it was love at first sight" lovey details.  I will say this, I managed to have my baby 'oh natural'.  No epidural, no pain meds, no nothing!  Would I recommend this?  Well, it was very empowering and I did get to tell my epidural-pushing-Doctor "I told you so"... but you also have to have a certain love of searing pain to want to do it again.

I have been married four years to a wonderful man, Dana Wright, who can make me laugh and works hard for our little family!  I am also a Registered Nurse who chose to work in Home Care.  None of this hard-core Emergency Room nonsense for me!  Some of my friends just like craziness and shift work, I guess.  Haha, actually I really admire my family and friends who work in ER or general acute care, but it's just not for me.  I plan on going back to work in November, but only one day a week so I don't have to send Lily to daycare.  I'm just thankful Dana is happy with me being primarily a stay-at-home mom, since that's always been my dream.  I'm also thankful that here in Canada we get maternity leave for a whole year! 

I'm 25 years old, blah blah blah, and do not intend on making you read one more boring fact about myself.  Instead, I am going to share with you ten completely random things about me and I hope you are easily amused (the fact you are even reading this has me convinced!)

1. The messiest room in my house is hands-down my basement!  I don't even know everything that's down there, but if I had to guess I would query spiders, monsters, and dirt.  Actually, it really is a dirt floor because this house we are currently living in (which used to be my grandparents) was built in the 1950's.  Anyone who has ever bought a fixer-upper and actually fixed it up from this era or earlier, I bow to you in extreme admiration.  The only thing I ever go into the basement for is potatoes since it has a root cellar.

2.  I love to read.  I love Harry Potter and the Sword of Truth series.  I realize this makes me extremely nerdy, but I can also say I enjoy a variety of time-tested literature and classics as well.  My mom used to read to me every evening as a kid, and therefore I became a certified bookworm.

3.   If I had to spend ten thousand dollars in a week for completely selfish reasons I would buy myself a new DSLR camera, preferably Canon (none of this Sony nonsense that I currently own), a King sized bed, and then go back to Hawaii with my family.

4.  I have got out of more traffic tickets then should be allowed.  My husband is disgusted with this fact, and blames it on the fact that I cry when angry.  I am ashamed to say that I have squirmed out of a speeding ticket this way, but I really seem to have no control of crying in front of people that frustrate me.  I have even cried at a Wal-Mart customer service desk, which made me feel like a complete idiot.  If it makes you feel reassured, my last speeding ticket was over a year ago and I've slowed down ever since I was pregnant. 

5.  I am a slight germaphobe.  I try to remember that my kitchen sink is statistically more dirty then a public washroom toilet, but then that just freaks me out further.  I don't let this run my life, but in public places I always feel a bit grimy.  It's funny though that out here in the country I don't even feel like dirt is that dirty.  Ha! 

6.  I'm a nice person.  I try not to be judgemental, and I've had a fair amount of people call me naïve since I try to see the best in everyone.  That's fine by me.  The only thing I have no tolerance for is cruel people.  Know-it-all's bug me too.

7. My husband works away from home often, so when he is gone I sleep with a dagger under his pillow.  Since my house is old, the locks do not work properly and therefore I get a bit jumpy.  A hammer also sits on my dresser drawer just in case.  Does this make me crazy?  Probably... but I do not plan on being an easy victim.  Did I mention I also have an overactive imagination? 

8.  I'm probably the only person my age who has almost completed her whole family tree.  Thanks to my lovely grandparents who did a lot of the work, I now know most of my family back to five generations or further.  I now realize why it's easier to say "I'm Canadian" (or American) instead of "Well I'm 31.25% English, 25% Norweigan, 6.25% Irish, etc... Ok really I'm 100% mutt".  And interestingly enough I believe I am related to Lord Frederick North who was the Prime Minister infamous for helping lose the American War of Independence and imposing a tax on tea. 

9.  I apparently sound like a walrus when I laugh, and if that isn't bad enough I also snort.  (See? My husband is making fun of me!)

10.  I'm proud to be a Christian!  I am blessed to have a Heavenly Father that loves me despite my imperfection, and has helped me better understand what love truly is.

Well, my blogs won't normally be this long, but I wanted to get the mundane stuff out of the way!  Hopefully my next post will be more exciting.  Thanks for reading.

My question for today is something I'd like to know.  Would you want to be friends with a paranoid, walrus-sounding, cry baby even if she was a nice, loving mom, and related to some dead famous guy?

Okay, don't answer that!  Of course the answer is yes.  Instead, let me know what you'd like to hear about next post :)







No comments:

Post a Comment